Product Review: Clear2Go Reusable Water Bottle
Reusable water bottles are all the rage lately as we become more aware of landfills clogging up with plastic garbage and our responsibilities as a society to help conserve the Earth come to the forefront. The new Clear2Go reusable water bottle is like many other reusable bottles except for one key feature — it comes with a built in water filter!
Is having “clean filtered water straight from the tap” a real convenience or just a gimmick? I had the opportunity to try out the Clear2Go bottle and see what I thought of it. First lets start with the product features as listed on the packaging and in advertisements:
- 24 oz capacity
- Each filter (the first one is included) filters up to 100 gallons of water or the equivalent of 757 water bottles
- BPA free
- Easy to squeeze for fast flow, which means no sipping required
- The filter reduces the taste and odor of chlorine and removes 99.9% of microbial cysts
- Saves money by filtering tap water instead of buying bottled
Now what I thought, the good stuff:
- The filtered water does taste good! I’m not particularly picky about my water, but I did notice a positive difference after it went through the bottle’s filter system.
- The filter removes easily and the bottle is super easy to fill right in the sink thanks to the extra-wide opening when you take the lid off.
- The bottle is competitively priced with many other reusable bottles ($14.99-$17.99) that don’t even include a filter.
- The filter is easily removed if you don’t always want to use it.
What I think needs help:
- The bottle is easy to squeeze but I personally don’t like having to bother squeezing. I wish there was the option of a snap-off or screw top that just lets the water flow.
- The color options/bottle designs are boring! How about some color and interesting designs?
Overall, I like it. Get more information and/or try one for yourself by visiting www.clear2o.com.