Product Review: Mix My Granola
Okay, I admit, in today’s “carb-cutting” world, I’m a closeted cereal junkie. Well today, I’m exposing that love.
A while ago, tired of eating the same old Whole Foods bulk granola, I stumbled upon A GEM. The company is called Mix My Granola, and they have this super fun website where you can make your own granola mix. Now, taking a step back, the only reason I love going to frozen yogurt places like Yogurtland is because I get to mix together my own concoctions, based on whatever mood I’m in that day. Strawberry-Kiwi yogurt with almonds and chocolate covered gummy bears? Yes please. Oh wait, don’t they also have mini peanut butter cups, coconut shavings, and dried cranberries. YUM.
Anyhow, I digress. I find this website, and immediately I’m engulfed in my familiar, “I’m the smartest mixer in the world” feeling I get when I go to Yogurtland. You get to choose your base granola, then pick all your mix-ins (dried fruit, nuts, etc.) to make a completely custom (AND HEALTHY!) granola mix. I then proceeded to make the all-time best granola mix (because I’m the smartest mixer in the world), and checked out. My mix: organic granola, cranberries, dried blueberries, goji berries, and roasted almonds.
Well, today I got my mix in the mail. Soon after, I tore it open and noticed a few really neat things:
- Cute packaging. A definite plus.
- They named the product after me! (You can choose any name when you checkout and it’s printed on the label!) I love stuff like that!
- They print on your custom label and the date it was prepared, so you know it’s not prepackaged, but is fresh.
- It looks like it was hand-signed by the person who actually mixed it. I love personal things when I deal with companies, especially over the Internet.
- For those who are nutrition conscience, it has a custom nutritional information panel. Can you create the tastiest, healthiest mix?
So, all in all, I’m very pleased with this product (and company). Furthermore, I’m planning on ordering up a bunch of mixes for my girlfriends for Christmas. I mean, since I’m the world’s best mixer, there’s no way they wouldn’t like it, right?