What to Stock in Your ‘At Work Beauty Kit’
An at work ‘beauty emergency kit’ is a must-have for all women, in my opinion, and if stocked properly can ward off everything from fashion emergencies like a stain on your blouse or a snag in your stockings to beauty embarrassments like food in your teeth or a blemish eruption on the tip of your nose. Here’s how to build a kit that’s ready for anything.
Step1 Get a cute cosmetics bag that’s roomy enough to hold everything but small enough that if need be you can take the whole thing with you to the bathroom without making a scene.
Step 2 Stock up on the following essentials:
- Travel sizes of your favorite daily skincare products like moisturizer, concealer, cover up, and anything you use on a daily basis but don’t necessarily carry in your purse.
- Nail polish remover for when an important meeting comes up at the last minute and you need to clean up a manicure that’s gone past its prime.
- Safety pins and/or double-sided tape for repairing busted buttons and small tears.
- Stain remover for handling coffee spills and splattery lunches.
- Roll-on perfume for freshening up before happy hour.
- Toothbrush, floss, and mouthwash for freshening breath and preventing spinach-in-the-teeth after a salad.
- Baby powder to banish sticky shoes and sweaty feet.
- Bandaids for warding off blisters at the first hint of an appearance.
- Pain reliever to keep headaches, menstrual cramps, and sore muscles at bay.
(Photo courtesy of lusi on stock.xchng)