Jared Evan Interview (Watch!) | Twirlit Exclusive
Jared Evan recently premiered his single & video “In Love With You.” – the amazing track that closed an episode of Entourage. Look out for his single & debut album, Fourth Chapter.
We chatted with Jared Evan to find out more about his debut album. Check out our interview below!
1. For those that haven’t heard of you before, how would you describe your musical style?
I would describe my musical style as a melting pot of cross-over Hip Hop, Rock, Grunge and Soul.
2. What was it like working with Pharrell?
Workin with Pharrell was a really great experience. He’s someone like Polow, who I grew up admiring and being heavily influenced by. Being in the studio with him for 7 days was one of the dopest experiences I’ve had working with a producer. All Pharrell wants to do every day is create or be around creative influences, which is something we really connected on while working with each other.
3. Have you always wanted to be in music? What was your most memorable moment before you got signed?
I’ve wanted to be a musician ever since I was a little kid. It’s not something that someone forced upon me or guided me towards. I innately have always been drawn to sound. I’d say my most memorable moment before I got signed, was rocking an 8 thousand person crowd at the University of Albany when I opened for Lupe. Yeah, that I will never forget.
4. What was your most memorable moment since you released “In Love With You” and people started knowing your music?
I’ve had a bunch of cool and funny stories since we released it, but I’d say the most memorable moment was when me and my manager, Matt Graham, were sitting down at a Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles in LA, and the table a few rows behind us started singing “In Love With You”, (laughs) yeah… that was crazy dope!
5. I read that you suffered with ADHD as a child, how do you think that experience has molded you for your life in music?
I think that whole experience and what I went through as a young kid has definitely molded me into the person I am today. My music is a reflection of all the experiences I’ve had throughout my life, and that certainly reflects in my emotion and lyricism. Anytime you are a kid that people view as different or outside the norm, you kind of go through some shit that carries you down a path of being different for the rest of your life.
6. What advice would you give your fans who always want a career in music?
I would tell my fans and people who always wanted a career in music to just be yourself and to be honest. If you can dig deep down inside you and lift out your true feelings then listeners and industry people will connect with you…they will believe you.
7. What’s your favorite song on your debut album Fourth Chapter?
A tough question, I am in love with all of them but I’d have to say the song Fourth Chapter, which I’m shooting a video for with Rik Cordero shortly.
8. What can we expect in the future from Jared Evan?
You guys can expect a lot of more music to come and non-stop live performances from me and my live band, that’s all that I’m focused on right now!