Steven Tyler Gets Food Poisoning, Falls, Loses Teeth & Cuts Face
Steven Tyler’s having a rough week. People Magazine reports that the Aerosmith frontman fell in his hotel bathroom, losing two teeth and cutting his face. Ouch! The weird part? His manager says the injuries stem from food poisoning.
“Steven Tyler suffered minor injuries as a result of food poisoning,” Eric Sherman said. “He was taken to the hospital where he was treated and released.” A Reuters report filled in the details, saying the 63 year-old American Idol judge fell in the shower and had to receive stitches and undergo emergency dental work.
As a result, Aerosmith had to reschedule their Tuesday night show in Paraguay for Wednesday. “Steven would like to sincerely apologize to his fans in Paraguay for the inconvenience and hopes to see them all [Wednesday] night,” Sherman says.
I guess it’s not that crazy – maybe the food poisoning was so bad that Steven doubled over. Just seems like an odd group of injuries.
Back in April, Steven told People that he had maintained sobriety for a year and a half after making eight trips to rehab over the years. “Left up to my own devices,” he said, “I probably would have been dead several times over.” I bet he never imagined showers and food would be so dangerous…