Top 5 Episodes of ‘Are You Afraid of the Dark?’ (VIDEO)
Are You Afraid of the Dark was one of my favorite TV shows as a kid. It was up there with Goosebumps and Tales from the Cryptkeeper. It was just fun to be scared.
If you’re not familiar with Are You Afraid of the Dark, it’s about a group of friends that meet up in the forest. Each episode, one or two kids tell a scary tale over a campfire. Before the tale is told, the storyteller gets out a bag of some ashes or something, and says “Submitted by the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this story, The Tale of…”
Then you grab your blanket close to you and get prepared to enter a scary tale. I’d say it’s the kid version of X Files, which I also watched with a blanket wrapped around me. I was easily scared, okay?
In honor of Halloween, we compiled this list of the Top 5 Episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark. Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this The Tale of Scary Childhood Memories.
5. The Tale of Station 109.1: Young Ryan Gosling makes an appearance! He plays the older brother of a death obsessed kid. They end up at an afterlife radio station. Scariness ensues.
4. The Tale of the Dark Dragon: This is basically an allegory for puberty. A dorky kid who’s bad with girls drinks a magic potion and weird stuff starts happening to him.
3. The Tale of the Hatching: Kids are fed this mind-numbing slop so they’ll unconsciously serve their amphibian overlords. Their only defense: rock ‘n roll!
2. The Tale of Midnight Madness: A movie theater is doomed to be closed down, but it shows one last flick where a demon vampire, Nosferatu, comes to life and terrorizes moviegoers.
1. The Tale of Dead Man’s Float: A nerdy kid discovers that his high school has a hidden pool, but he quickly finds out why it’s been closed off to the public…
Enjoy this trip down memory lane. Happy Halloween!